Transport Options To and From Yorkeys Knob
GETTING TO YORKEYS KNOB FROM THE AIRPORT
To get to Yorkeys Knob from Cairns Airport you could take a taxi, shuttle bus, hire car or limousine transfers, the choice is yours.
RENTAL CARS FROM THE AIRPORT TO YORKEYS KNOB
Rental car offices are located in the new arrivals facility at the northern end of the Domestic Terminal and in the Arrivals Hall of the International Terminal. Rental car parking is located in the northern end of the Domestic Terminal carpark.
The hire car companies located on airport are:
- Avis (Ph 136-333)
- Budget (Ph 13 27 27)
- Europcar (Ph (07) 4034 9088)
- Hertz (Ph 13 30 39)
- Redspot (Ph 1300 668 810)
- Thirfty (Ph 1300 367 227)
TAXIS TO YORKEYS KNOB
Taxi ranks are located near both the International and Domestic Terminals. Black & White Taxi ranks are located immediately outside the International and Domestic Terminals.
One Way Fares from Cairns Airport to Yorkeys Knob is approximately $45: (as of August 2011)
Black & White Taxis, phone 131 008.
LIMOUSINES TO YORKEYS KNOB
Limo Hire Cairns – Cairns Luxury Limosines Ph (07) 4033 6557
BUSES TO YORKEYS KNOB
Sun Palm Transport Group operate airport shuttle bus services to Yorkeys Knob
Pick up point is immediately in front of the arrivals area at both terminals and there is an information desk within the terminal, which if not staffed, has direct-dial telephone. No pre-booking is required.
For timetables phone (07) 4087 2900.
DIRECTIONS TO YORKEYS KNOB BEACHFRONT APARTMENT
Once you leave the airport you go north and and turn right at the 3rd roundabout – clearly marked “Yorkeys Knob”. This is Varley Street where you will find a petrol station and shops including a supermarket, post office, bottleshop, bakery, and a variety of other shops. Continue to the end and turn right into Sims Esplanade. This is the beachfront location with swimming areas (netted off in stinger season) and the location of Kite Surfing – right opposite Yorkeys Knob Beachfront Apartment which is on the left on the corner of Wattle Street.
IN YORKEYS KNOB
Walking could be one option. Almost everything is walking distance from Sims Esplanade. Many a beautiful evening we have decided to walk to the Boat Club and home again. The boat club also has a courtesy bus which will pick you up and take you home, call 07 4055 7711
Our daily bearfoot walk along beautiful Yorkeys Knob beach is a delightful way to keep fit.
If you don’t have your own transport you can always catch the “sunbus” which services Yorkeys 7 days a week and stops right opposite Yorkeys Knob Beachfront Apartment. Take the sunbus to Smithfield to do your shopping or for a trip into Cairns city.
If you want to hire a car for a day trip you could try Gem-Rent-a Car Varley St Yorkeys Knob QLD 4878 (07) 4058 2403
TOURS FROM YORKEYS KNOB
Many tour companies will pick you up from Yorkeys Knob Beachfront Apartment and return you at the end of the tour.
Examples of tours that provide a pick up service include
- Cooktown, Cape Tribulation, Daintree Rainforest (Adventure North Australia Tours Ph (07) 4040 7500)
- Sailing and snorkeling (Aquarius Luxury Sail & Snorkel Ph (07) 4099 6999)
- Hot Air Ballooning (Hot Air Ballooning Cairns (07) 4039 9900)
- Green Island (Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises Tours Ph (07) 4051 0444)
- Chillagoe Caves and Outback (Billy Tea Safaris Tours Ph (07) 4032 0077)
- City Sights Plus (Cairns Discovey Tours Ph (07) 4053 5259)
- Michaelmas Cay & Hastings Reef (Cairns Seastar Cruises Tours Ph (07) 4041 6218)
- Cairns Tropical Zoo (Ph (07) 4055 3669)
- Snorkel & Dive (Calypso Reef cruises Ph (07)4099 6999)
- Cape Tribulation, Tablelands, Kuranda & the Daintree (Cape Trib Connections Tours (07) 4032 0500)
- Kuranda Rainforest day trip (Grey Line Sightseeing Tours Ph 1300 85 86 87)